WHO WE ARE
Represent the essential foundation of what we believe about God's revelation of Himself, humanity, life on earth, and eternity.
THE NATURE OF GOD.
God eternally exists as three Persons (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) and is the sovereign creator of all things Genesis 1:1.
God is the final authority as revealed in His perfect, trustworthy, and inspired Word, which unfolds His character and His purposes (2 Timothy 3:16-17).
THE PURPOSE OF GOD.
Everyone and everything has been made by God and for God and therefore all glory belongs to Him (Colossians 1:15-20).
God uniquely created humanity in His own image (Genesis 1:27).
The world is fallen, and all humanity is separated from God because of sin (Genesis 3; Romans 3:23).
THE NATURE OF JESUS.
Jesus Christ is the virgin born Son of God, simultaneously fully God and fully man, absolutely perfect (Matthew 1:18-25).
JESUS’ DEATH & RESURRECTION.
Jesus Christ died on the cross, rose from the dead, appeared to many, and ascended to heaven (1 Corinthians 15:1-8).
Salvation comes by grace, through faith in the finished work of Jesus Christ on the cross plus nothing on the part of humanity (Ephesians 2:1-10).
THE HOLY SPIRIT.
The Holy Spirit convicts of sin, seals at conversion, gifts, guides, and empowers the believer and the church (John 16:5-15; Ephesians 1:13; Acts 1:8).
The church is the body of Christ, with Christ as the Head, and functions to fulfil the mission of God (1 Corinthians 12).
JESUS’ SECOND COMING.
Jesus will return, and there will be a final judgment (Matthew 24, 25).
THE ETERNAL STATE OF HUMANITY.
All people who have faith in Jesus Christ will spend eternity with God in His Kingdom, and all people who do not have faith in Jesus Christ will spend eternity in hell (Matthew 25; John 5:24; Revelation 20:11-15).
TEN BASIC STATEMENTS ABOUT WWM
1. The foundation of our ministry is Godly Character.
2. The nature of our ministry is Service.
3. The motive for our ministry is Love.
4. The measure of our ministry is Sacrifice.
5. The authority of our ministry is Submission. Submission to God and to the authority of the Holy Spirit.
6. The purpose of our ministry is the Glory of God.
7. The tools of our ministry are the Word of God and Prayer.
8. The privilege of our ministry is Growth.
9. The power of our ministry is the Holy Spirit.
10. The model for our ministry is Jesus Christ.
THE MISSION STATEMENT, MOTTO AND VISION OF WOOD WORLD MISSIONS
THE TWO MAIN AREAS OR ACTIVITIES THAT POWER CENTRE CHURCH AND THE WOOD WORLD MISSIONS OPERATE UNDER ARE AS FOLLOWS:-
(A) TO ADVANCE THE CHRISTIAN FAITH BY MINISTERING THE WORD OF GOD; AND
(B) TO RELIEVE PERSONS WHO ARE IN CONDITIONS OF NEED OR HARDSHIP OR WHO ARE AGED OR SICK AND TO RELIEVE THE DISTRESS CAUSED THEREBY.
Motto of Wood World Missions
Helping to meet the needs of humanity worldwide.
7 Things every Church member must Know about Wood World Missions
1. The vision of the house.
We have a vision for:-
- preaching the undiluted Word of God
- saving souls
- church planting
- teaching the saved souls the Word of God; that they may grow
- helping to meet the needs of humanity worldwide - both at home and abroad - spiritual, emotional, marital, legal, financial etc
- helping orphans and widows
- helping the poor
- engaging in mission projects - schools, education, water supply to the rural areas, establishing orphan day centres, establishing technical and vocational institutions etc
- healing and deliverance
- walking in miracles, signs and wonders
- the prophetic word
- walking in Godly leadership principles.
Every church member must catch the vision of the house - the local assembly.
Every local assembly has a vision unique to them.
The vision depends on the call that God has given to the vision holder of the local assembly.
2. The principles of the house.
- the principles laid down in the Word of God
- principles of honesty, mercy, justice, forgiveness, compassion, loyalty, grace etc
- to reject anything that is not founded on the Word of God.
- principles of love, joy, peace etc
- principled leadership - based on truth, integrity and Justice.
3. The philosophy of the house.
(Philosophy means - The general trend of thinking).
Being evangelistic minded
Being Pro-relationship - with God and with man
Training our children in the ways of the Lord
Fleeing from sin
Walking in forgiveness
Walking in the victory that Christ bought for us on the cross with his blood. Etc
4. The standard of the house.
- Being faithful to God and to each other
- being faithful to our marriage partners and our children
- aiming for excellence in our personal lives
- aiming for excellence in our walk with the Lord
- Being faithful in our giving
- being faithful in our Loving
- being faithful in our serving
- aiming for excellence in our finances - financial management
- aiming for a high moral integrity.
- aiming for excellence in our homes
- aiming for excellence in Ministry
- aiming to lead honest lives - ( God does not expect people to be perfect but he expect them to be honest).
Lowering of these standards will lead to deviation of course - there is a course - the expansion of the kingdom of God.
5. The doctrine of the church
- Bible based doctrines and beliefs
-the virgin birth, resurrection, miracles, signs and wonders, the word of God, prophesy, healing, deliverance, evangelism & missions etc
6. The procedures of the house
(the way things are done).
- orderliness of our services - for God is a God of order.
- members rising through the ranks - from being lay preachers to full time Pastors, evangelists etc
- having extensive counselling before marriage, during marriage and after marriage.
- encouraging members to be faithfulness in their tithes and offerings.
7. The emphasis of the house
- walking in prayer
- walking in fellowship - with God and with each other
- Walking in Love, joy and victory
- walking in the word of God
- evangelism and missions - projects
- winning souls
- church planting - prayer, witnessing, following up converts, gathering sheep together and discipleship.
- developing the skills in people and creating opportunities for their progression in life and in Ministry
- working in partnership with other Ministries & organisations in order to build the kingdom of God.
The kingdom of God is like a Mustard seed.
It must grow in all its aspects - Spiritually, physically etcetera
31Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field:
32Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof.
The kingdom of God is to be spread and the house of God filled.
23And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.
May we do what the Lord requires of us so that his house can be filled to the glory of his name. Amen